This course is intended to benefit first-time candidates but can also benefit returning candidates. It presents the “how to” of going out into the communities to create broader name recognition and generate more votes.
Trainers will present specific action plans on various topics, such as:
- Campaign publications and related materials
- Phone banking and call time
- Where to spend donations
- Budgeting spending
- How to file campaign finance reports
- Time management
- Proper attire
- Interviewing for endorsements
- Interacting with strangers
- Selecting events that are best to attend
- Working with the county and state Democratic leaders, and many other topics.
Through question-and-answer, the trainers will give the participants individual guidance and help solve their specific problems.