The countdown to November 4th is on. As I am writing this on August 15, 2014, there are 82 days until Election Day. Dates to remember:
- First day to apply for ballot by mail is September 5
- Last day to register to vote is Monday, October 6
- First day of Early Vote is Monday, October 20
- Last day to apply for ballot by mail is Friday, October 24
- Last day of Early Vote is Friday, October 31
- Last day for ballot by mail is Tuesday, November 4 (must be received by elections office)
If we truly want Texas to stop the war on women and make her a state where not only one lone stars shines in the blue Texas sky but millions of stars representative of all Texas’ citizens have the ability to shine – we must get out the votes, especially women’s votes.
Texas now ranks 51st in turnout among women.
You may ask how we’re 51st when there are only 50 states? Well, Washington, D.C. ranks higher. That is truly a sad state of affairs.