2014 TDW Convention Countdown
It seems unfathomable that will we gather in Austin for our annual TDW Convention in just a few weeks.
Our agenda is coming together with opportunities for business, honoring TDW Award recipients and Stars, meeting candidates, networking, partying, shopping with vendors and at the silent auction and Celebrating. Plus, the 2013 TDW Board will be hosting a “Happy Hour” on Friday evening for chapter presidents to meet and share ideas.
Some fast approaching deadlines
- Persons interested in seeking TDW office (President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer and 3 Board positions) must notify Elections Chair, Lila Aguirre of their intent (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Any proposed changes to the TDW bylaws must be submitted to Bylaws Chair, Ravelle Kundinger (email@example.com)
- Nominations for the Mae Jackson Outstanding Female Elected Official, Oscar Mauzy Humanitarian and Texas Democratic Woman of the Year
- Convention Rate hotel reservations
- Deadline for Early Bird Registration
And, don’t forget we still want 2014 Convention Sponsors!
Most importantly, if we are truly going to “Stand with Texas Women” and effect political change in Texas it is going to require money. Our convention is our major fundraiser and we need every chapter involved and represented.
In closing, the stakes are high for women in Texas and our state as a whole. We are in a prime position to capitalize on the blunders orchestrated by the GOP and Tea-Party during our state’s legislative and special sessions as well as during the shutdown of our federal government. I am planning a fantastic convention and gala with the potential to raise lots of money that TDW can in turn donate to our candidates. I will keep you updated as the agenda is finalized and when our keynote speaker for the gala commits.
The time is now. Make your plans now to attend – you won’t want to miss it!
With Pride, Power and Purpose,
firstname.lastname@example.org or 254-715-3157
P.S. I erred in the title of one of the awards. The award is the “Texas Democratic Woman of the Year” and not “Outstanding Texas Democratic Woman.” The criteria is correct but I had already printed the forms and did not want to kill any additional trees so if you will just consider the correct title when you read the forms.