Pride, Power and Purpose
2014 STATE CONVENTION
FEBRUARY 21-23, 2014
Wyndham Garden Hotel & Woodward Conference Center, Austin, Texas
AWARDS and NOMINATIONS
Each year at the annual convention, TDW recognizes local chapters and individuals for their outstanding work. It is our opportunity to acknowledge exceptional dedication, commitment, and activism. On February 22, 2014, TDW will present the awards listed below. Any TDW member or chapter can present a nomination for any award and are encouraged to do so!
- All nominations must be received ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 24, 2013, to be considered.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a separate and complete Awards Nomination form (or Star Awards Nomination form) and any materials and costs associated with the award.
- All chapter and member nominations must be current in their dues to TDW.
Dr. Mae Jackson Outstanding Woman Elected Official
Awarded to a democratic woman elected official whose courage, accomplishments, and leadership has promoted the increased political activity and influence of democratic women in Texas politics and government (nominee does not have to be a TDW member)
Oscar Mauzy Humanitarian Award
Awarded to a democrat whose career of distinguished public or civic service is in the tradition of Oscar Mauzy (nominee does not have to be a TDW member)
Texas Democratic Woman of the Year
Awarded to a TDW member who has consistently enhanced the image and viability of Texas Democratic Women
Certificates of Achievement
Awarded to TDW chapters that have achieved goals consistent with the mission of TDW
Certificates will be given to any chapter that submits an Awards Nomination form and has achieved at least one of these goals:
- Paid TDW chapter dues for 2014.
- Ten or more members in good standing.
- Minutes from at least two meetings in 2013 (submit at least 2 copies of minutes signed by chapter secretary or president)
- At least two newsletters sent out to chapter members in 2013 (submit newsletters either published by the chapter, in conjunction with another Democratic organization, or a President’s Letter).
- Attendance at 2013 TDW state convention by at least one chapter member (submit member’s name).
- Submission of at least one nomination for 2013 TDW individual awards (Dr. Mae Jackson Outstanding Woman Elected Official, Oscar Mauzy Humanitarian Award or Outstanding Texas Democratic Woman).
Nominations for these four awards (Dr. Mae Jackson Outstanding Democratic Woman Office Holder, Oscar Mauzy Humanitarian Award, Outstanding Texas Democratic Woman, and Certificate of Achievement) should be mailed to: TDW 2014 Awards Committee, c/o TDW, P.O. Box 2211, Austin, Texas 78768
Outstanding Chapter Newsletter
Awarded to the chapter newsletter that is judged to be both informative and aesthetically pleasing.
- Newsletter must be published at least 2 times a year.
- Minimum of 2 issues must be submitted.
- Submitted issues must have been published in 2013.
Mail the Awards Nomination form, newsletters, and any supporting information to: Tammie Hartgroves, TDW Convention 2014, P.O. Box 2234, Waco, Texas 76703-2234.
Outstanding Chapter Scrapbook
Awarded to the chapter scrapbook that is judged to display a comprehensive look at that chapter’s political activities in an aesthetically pleasing display
- Scrapbook must have been completed by the members of the submitting chapter.
- Scrapbook must reflect photos and other mementos of the members engaging in and promoting political activity.
Mail the Awards Nomination Form and any supporting information to: Tammie Hartgroves, TDW Convention 2014, P.O. Box 2234, Waco, Texas 76703-2234.