Time for the Convention!
Deadlines are approaching, the schedule is being finalized, anticipation is growing, and we want to see you there.
- February 1, 2013 – deadline for hotel reservations to get the $99 rate
- February 1, 2013 – deadline to submit chapter information for Convention Program
- February 15, 2013 – deadline for the Early Bird Special registration
An outline of the convention activities
Friday, February 22
- 3:30 pm – Registration check in
- 8:00 pm – Esther’s Follies (we have 50 reserved seats)
- 5:00 pm – Hospitality suite opens
Saturday, February 23
- 7:30 – 8:15 am – Hospitality Suite
- 8:00 am – Registration check in
- 8:30 am – Business Meeting
- 12 noon – Star Awards Luncheon
Workshops (Saturday, February 23)
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm Treasurer Workshop – Sarah Joiner, facilitator
Social Media – Katie Naranjo and panel
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm Organizing Your County/Precinct – Jim Wick &
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm Getting Women Out To Vote – Lize Burr and panel
Fundraising – Laura Hernandez, Cindy James, Elizabeth Hartman
Time to be determined: Chapter Presidents Round Table
- 6:30 pm Reception
- 7:00 pm Awards Dinner
Election of Officers: during the business meeting.
Those who have submitted their candidacy to Elections Chair Cindy James and the office are listed. As per our bylaws, there will be nominations from the floor.
- President-Elect: Tammie Hartgroves (Central Texas)
- Vice President: Laura Allen (Bell County)
- Secretary: none submitted
- Treasurer: Ann Price (Greater Arlington/Mansfield) is in her 2nd year
- Board Member (3) to be elected: Coretta Graham (Coastal Bend), Susan Barrick (South Plains). Others have expressed interest but did not submit their name before the deadline of Dec. 23rd.
Open all day Saturday – we have wonderful stuff provided by the chapters and individuals
Currently we have three vendors with political stuff, jewelry.
Please send a paragraph about your chapter, when it was organized, some noteworthy information, for the program. Deadline for this is February 1.
We need to know more about our organization and chapters.
Newsletter and Scrapbook Awards
Newsletters can be mailed to the TDW PO Box; Scrapbooks brought to the convention on Friday so the committee can look and judge them by Saturday.
Featured will be our Stars and State Award winners as well as chapter information.
If we are going to turn Texas Blue, it will be up to the women, lead by TDW to do it! We all know that when Women Vote, Democrats Win – and we MUST improve our status –Texas is 50th in women voting!!
I look forward to seeing you at the convention. We have many things going and some extras along the way!
Donna Beth McCormick
Print this schedule: Jan 2013 convention update & schedule